Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z45/25J Lift operates from ground but not from platform. Drive works.

manlix ยท 2015-08-01 09:12

Hello! I have a 2001 Genie Z45/25J after serial number 16303. The lift isnt possible to operate from the platform controls. Driving works OK. Lift works OK from ground controls. Auxilary pump is possible to start from platform and it is possible to steer using this. Engine is starting from platform. Its just all of the lift controls that does not operate. Relays operating valves does not operate when moving switches on platform but they do when using ground controls. Voltage is OK up to each of the controller including joysticks. +12V. Footpedal seems to work OK. Depressed, no voltage, Pressed, voltage. I have also measured the minus(-) on output terminals on the platform switches. So the circuit backwards through the relay and up to the switches is OK. When activating switch I measure no voltage to ground on the output terminals, I think it should be +12V? I can see that something happens on the multimeter but i dont think it will be a 100% voltage drop across the switch? I cant find any more common denominator that can cause this.

Replies2
  1. #1usmcmurillo202015-09-29 21:22

    Hey buddy if your still working on this could you tell me if this just happened over night or did you change something?

  2. #2manlix2015-11-25 16:51

    Microswitch on drive control stick was bad. Voltage did pass when the circuit was unloaded. But it couldnt pass the current. Hard to find!