Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z60/34 will not steer or go in forward or reverse

mikedemeo ยท 2015-03-22 11:49

I have a 2005 Genie z60/34 that will not drive. All the functions work except forward/reverse movement/wheel turning. No leaks or noises. I'm figuring something electrical but not sure what to do. Ground controls work and boom controls work. Anyone ever have this issue or know what to look for? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1BillG2015-03-22 12:50

    Serial number?

  2. #2mikedemeo2015-03-22 13:24

    Thanks, it's Z60055213

  3. #3BillG2015-03-22 14:09

    The easiest place to start is the platform control panel. Check the voltage at terminal strip TB13 and joystick card terminal number 3. With the deadman switch (foot pedal) held down you should have battery volts ( minus a little voltage drop), if not start working backwards to the foot switch.

  4. #4mikedemeo2015-04-10 19:53

    I'm thinking the unit was tampered with. I opened the control panel at the bucket and the wire was disconnected from the steer/drive function control stick. I re attached the wire and now the wheels turn properly but still no forward or reverse movement. The unit will roll freely but I'm not sure where to find the freewheel valve to put it back so it doesn't roll freely. I'm hoping that will allow the drive functions to work but I'm not sure. If I do find that and it still does not operate, what should I do next? Thank you for all your help.

  5. #5OMR2015-05-18 21:17

    on these booms no freewheel valve there is a cover in the center of the drive wheels if nipple out drive in locked in if nipple in drive hubs in nuetral if you go to gogenielift.com they have all the manuals there