Hey y'all. My name is Alyx and I'm new to the forum. I'm a 3rd year HET working in a maintenance shop for an oilfield company. Currently I'm working on a 2005 genie z-60/34 4wd. Serial no. Z6005-5038. Over the course of the last few months this thing has been in and out of the shop. The circuit board in the tower/basket has been replaced as have 2 joysticks. 1 being the steer and drive. At present the machine is down. It will only drive a couple feet in either forward or reverse before the alarm sounds and the joystick won't function. I can still steer I'm just unable to drive. It gives me a code 53 12 drive flow valve value too high. The only manual I have access to is a small service manual that lacks a trouble shooting tree of any sort. I'm struggling to diag this and could really use help. Thanks in advance.
Welcome. Genie is good at supplying manuals from their web site. http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/data/Service/Z Booms/75861.pdf that link should/might take you to a link to download the full manual. That "53" code kinda hints that the new joy stick was never calibrated after it was installed. There is a procedure for that in the manual. If that link doesn't work, just Google "Genie Lift" and follow the links. Support - manuals - Z Booms - Z60/30 - etc.
Thank you. I was able to calibrate it actually. By holding the joy stick in one direction for 5 seconds and the in the other for 5 seconds. I can try again though. It was actually in the yard motoring around for about a month with the new joystick in place.
Okay so joy stick is calibrated for sure and it still does it. When it does cut out the code for a non calibrated joy stick does not come up just the drive flow valve. Also the steer and brake lights do illuminate on board but the brake and direction lights do not
Have you tested the coil for the drive function? That "value too high" is generally referring to the coil or coil wiring is faulty. I don't have a manual to look at just going from memory. I would try to swap coils and see what happens.
If you are referring to the EDC No sir I have not. I have verified power to it and that's about it
I would just like to express my gratitude to anyone that posts in here and takes the time try and help!
Genie has a section in the repair manual dedicated to testing the coil to verify its to spec. Could be that you are dropping voltage from the wire or faulty coil. I would try to swap for another coil. Fast and easy way to eliminate things. Then test voltage on the plug.
Will do. Thanks!
the service manual you can download has the specs for each coil. Check the resistance of the coil. Usually around 6-8 ohms, depending on the coil.
Well fellas no luck with the coil swap
Just to be absolutely certain this is what I'm testing resistance across yes? If so I've got 18 ohms
I always like to eliminate the simplest possibilities first before working my way up to the mind-benders. It could be as simple as one of the boom angle sensors out of range.
Actually it turned out the harness from the ground control panel to the edc had just a little bit too much resistance. I replaced it on boom on my way! Thanks every one that replied and especially to OFF for taking the extra time to help me deal with it.
Hello, I have the same problem, what did you replace to solve it?