Hi, I was recently moving my new-ish (to me) Z60, and it was getting stuck fairly easily. One 'front' wheel was spinning. I was able to move where to I wanted by putting weight back over that wheel, but shouldn't this thing - oh, I don't know - use more than 1 wheel..?
Actually its not a ‘true’ 4wd system. As long as all the wheels are on the ground , all 4 drive. If one wheel comes off the ground, all the hyd flow goes to that wheel motor. In this case the term 4wd is a bit misleading
20klb machine doesn't do good in mud.
Ah, Thanks for the info; seems a bit odd that it doesn't seem to apply the excess force to the other wheels. I have also had the issue once in a while on one of my Z45s... Is there a decent workaround..?
Closer to 25,000 Seems odd that it doesn't at least try, and be gutless...
My description of the 4wd was how it was explained to me by the service manager of my local genie dealership and it makes sense from a hydraulic theory perspective
Not sure what year machine you have. But on newer machines, you can go into ground control computer display(hidden menu) , and adjust drive and lift parameters. Go to genies website and download service manuals for your machine.
I have the Service Manual, but have never looked for said function. I suspect I am too old on this machine...
4wd in aerial lifts is in no way the same as 4wd in vehicles. All it means in aerial lifts is all 4 wheels drive the machine, as opposed to only 2 wheels driving the machine. But terrain is a different matter altogether. Yes, 4wd aerial machine with articulating axles give you more mobility over rough terrain than what's known as "slab" flat ground machines, but even articulating axle 4wd aerial machines have limitations when it comes to rough terrain.