Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z60 creeps reverse direction

DHoodman ยท 2020-06-03 12:03

Hello everyone, I've searched all the forums and everyplace else I could think of for help on this issue. I have a 2013 Z60/34 ( Z6013-13001) that rolls approximately 4 inches in reverse as soon as the joystick is activated in any position. Even when just turning the steer wheels. It also rolls the same distance and direction after releasing the joystick. If you move the stick to travel forward, it will roll backwards before moving forward and when you stop, it will roll in reverse direction approximately 4 inches before brake is applied. It always rolls in reverse direction. Another shop replaced the travel joystick and calibrated it. I recalibrated it along with the threshold. There are no codes being flashed on the board but the yellow light does continuously blink. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1DHoodman2020-06-03 15:58

    Just an FYI to the folks here. There is a squash plate adjustment on the side if the drive pump. Loosen lock nut and turn one direction or the other in VERY small increments to center the plate. Go opposite direction if movement gets worse. Simple fix but a PIA to get to this point. Have a great day!

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-06-12 17:50

    Yep they call it the null adjustment. Its usually part of the 1000 service check list on most boom lifts.

  3. #3DHoodman2020-06-16 08:53

    Thanks Txhayseed. I'm new to this repair facility that has these boom lifts so I don't have much experience with them. My opinion is this adjustment should be covered in the service manual. I did write a bulletin and inserted it into our manual for other tech's in the future as I won't be forgetting it. Too much time spent.