Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Getting lisence

Madman ยท 2007-01-24 09:15

How do I get my class 3 lisence here in Nova Scotia ? I don't know anybody with a truck I can borrow, etc...etc...:Banghead

Replies4
  1. #1greywynd2007-01-24 10:32

    Sometimes you can rent a large straight truck that's still rated for your regular license and use it as a test vehicle, check both with your driver's test place AND the rental place. (Some want to be notified that you are using it for driving testing.) Mark

  2. #2Madman2007-01-24 13:13

    Thanks, I'll have to look into that.:thumbsup Antbody else have any suggestions ?

  3. #3greywynd2007-01-25 00:06

    Talking to a couple people today, they also reminded me of something, some of the smaller driving schools will sometimes (after taking a test with them) let you use their equipment for a fee. Don't know if there's anything available for you this way, but may also be worth looking into. Mark

  4. #4Ford LT-90002007-01-25 22:23

    I would go through a driving school it may cost some money but its the quickest way to get a class 3. I went to driving school back in 98 to get my class 3 in 2 weekends I had a class 3.