Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Getting paid for Equipment improvement interview?

jca57jd ยท 2014-03-08 11:24

Hey guys I got a call from a third hand company claiming they set up interviews for equipment manufactures so they can see what customers have to say about there equipment and what they can do to improve it! The third hand company asked me if I was interested and said that they would ask me a few questions and if I fit the bill for what they were looking for then I would get paid $150 to take a 45 min phone interview from the manufacturer. He asked me how many excavators I owned, what the newest was, what model, when I purchased and if I was a owner and main operator (which I was). He said that I was exactly what they were looking for and set up a phone interview for me and a guy from bobcat next. I called my salesman and asked him about it and he said that he has had a hand full of people get these interviews over the years and that it was a ligit and I would get $150 for it. Have any of y'all got a call like this before?

Replies6
  1. #1digger242j2014-03-08 11:45

    I didn't get a call, but saw an ad on Craigslist for a study on skidsteers, so I replied, and ended up with $125 for talking about something we talk about all year long on here for free...

  2. #2kshansen2014-03-09 13:28

    Well as we all listen to you talk here so are you going to share that money with us? Maybe we will all get together and stop by your house for beers some Saturday

  3. #3overworked2014-03-09 14:48

    Bus trip to diggers house????

  4. #4joispoi2014-03-09 15:14

    :drinkup

  5. #5digger242j2014-03-10 01:39

    LOL! But you've obviously mistaken Willie for me. You've got it backwards. C'mon over, but if you want to talk about equipment, bring money. I'm a perfessionel now.

  6. #6kshansen2014-03-10 06:56

    Don't want to talk about equipment, just want to drink your beer!:tong