Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Getting ready to tackle a Hitachi EX270LC key shutdown issues

truecountry ยท 2014-05-08 19:42

Hi everyone .. I getting ready to start on this Hitachi EX270LC with dial throttle and key shutdown Issue that I see is it idles back up when you try to shut it down and it doesn't shut off with key have to use cable shutoff under seat I checked the dial looks to be a Rheostats and checks out find on meter ohms Question I have is does this go to ecm and to throttle control or to relays to throttle control ?

Replies5
  1. #1WAW2014-05-10 22:52

    HI I think you have problem with step motor or callibration, if you need I can send to you manual about it.

  2. #2truecountry2014-05-10 23:37

    Yes Sir ill take any info ill pm you my email

  3. #3hitachi daft2014-05-11 15:39

    does the revs work ok when the engine running but only has a problem when you turn the key off had this problem once on a smaller ex -5 it was a diode behind the seat look for two heavy wires one red and one red and white with a plug in diode test diode or swap over for another to see if the machine shuts off hope this helps

  4. #4truecountry2014-05-12 14:43

    checked diodes they are good

  5. #5truecountry2014-05-12 20:40

    15jp010575 is serial number