Hey, any of you Case guys can help me out with a heads-up. I'm going into my tractor to replace the shuttle input gear and sychro. I've got to replace the clutch release bearing too. It looks like I can pull the motor, then the clutch case, and then disassemble the shuttle group from the front of the shuttle case. Does this sound about right? Also, if anyone has any of these parts laying around, I'm in the market. This is a 420 tractor with manual foot clutch and shuttle. Part no for shaft: G16626 Part no for sycro assy G45047 These are common with the a lot of 430,s 470, 530, 570 and others.
Input shafts are expensive. Here is an average price for one. http://www.waltstractors.com/acatal...haft---28-Tooth---Internal-Splines-22987.html
Yeah, about 375 for a used one, and the whole sync. is around 250. The reason I asked for advice is because the loader frame on this machine isn't open in the front, so I have to drop the front axle and nose assy, then pull the engine out the top with the torque tube attached. I think I can change the shuttle parts then, and change the t/o bearing/clutch outside the tractor. I got this machine dirt cheap, and other than paint, it's a great runner.
The link I posted is to a new shaft. That is the average price for a new one.
Yeah, it seems like they're about the same price, new or used. I'm just happy they're available! There's a nasty rumour floating around that parts for these are no longer available, likely started by dealers who had not yet discovered the internet:tong. Case used a lot of these gears in a multitude of machines, thankfully.