Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Glad to be here

JD4020 ยท 2008-03-18 18:35

Hello everybody. I have stoped by here a few times and looked around, so I finally made up a profile. I am only 16, but have always had a great interest in trucks, tractors, backhoes, loaders, bulldozers, graders, excavators, scrapers, ...........well I guess you get the idea. My interest was sparked by watching my neighboor who owned a tank removal service, he has a 1960's or 70's Cat loader and has custom built two dump trucks,and a slew of other equipment. I used to get to ride in the dumps when he'd haul around the beavertail with the backhoe. I also spend alot of time on the farm, and am finally learning to drive the tractors, ACwd45, jd4020(or something similar) and a few others. I own a small unofficial lawn mowing business but am more interested in the snow removal part of the business. Anway I think that has been a good introduction. I am here mainly to get advice on where to start, I will try to, but dont think there will be much I can contribute yet, because well,:beatsme I have another thread that I would greatly appreciate advice on.

Replies3
  1. #1Countryboy2008-03-18 19:11

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JD4020! :drinkup

  2. #2JD40202008-03-18 19:33

    Thanks, whats with the JD logo in your sig, know where I can get a bumper sticker like that, or better yet, MUDFLAPS!

  3. #3Countryboy2008-03-18 19:42

    :beatsme Can't even remember where I got it from to tell ya the truth. I picked it up of the internet a couple of years back.