This thread can likely be deleted after an answer or two but is it normal for it to feel like your backhoe sometimes goes slower? I can't tell if it's because it's been a week or two since I've run it or if I'm getting used to it's speeds across the gears but sometimes it feels like 2nd gear is pretty quick and sometimes it feels like I'm mashing the gas and not going anywhere. Is that the sign of a problem or is it all in my mind? I drove to the neighbors, maybe a half mile away, and putting it in 4th to make the journey seemed like it wasn't going as fast as it does sometimes, but I don't know if that's real or not...
I think it's relative to your other ground covering activities. For instance, when I lived on a sailboat and never went more than 6 MPH for weeks at a time, cars felt like they were going Way too fast LOL. So if you had drove a car right before you went to the neighbors, it might seem slow but if you had been puttering around the yard for a couple hours before you went to the neighbors the 'hoe would seem normal.