done 12000 hrs in our 2007 12h then the out fit i work for brought a new 12m in nov. 2016 have clocked up 6000 hrs since .finished a road job in my hometown 2 weeks ago and grader needed new door glass ,its had 3 yes 3 new glass fitted in the last 2 weeks, the next job was 100 kms away and the 12 h was on site . the owner wanted float the m up to site but i said its not worth it for 8 days of work ,i had already done 5 days in the h. i should have said ok.the job involved a lot of grading on a 1 in 3 batter lifting and trimming clay also cement / lime stabilizing failed areas in the pan floor[ bio solids drying site, read poo] which involved a lot of turning around.my neck and shoulders/ rotor cuffs are now sore i sure miss the comfy air seat and joy stick controls.
I hear ya, our 140g was down for a while so we rented a 12M. I would hate to own that M but it sure is comfortable!
I run a rack machine and always have. I've demo'd stick machines over the years. Put 30-50 hrs on each. First thing I notice is less stress in my shoulders and neck. I struggled a bit with delicate control. Seemed more difficult to control small movements. I don't consider stick machines to be the "fix all" "greatest thing ever" machines that the manufacturers claim. CAT for example, now offers their 140 machines equipped either way. Deere offers three variations. As with everything, it's all about personal preference.
I'm a convert to the M. Travel down the highway is always a bit interesting as it's a bit like holding the handle of an outboard motor, the slightest touch & you can change course quickly into the path of an oncoming road train (one prime mover with two or three trailers) A steering wheel is my preference when "roading" a machine between jobs