Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Going rate for D8 or equivelant?

Copenhagen ยท 2007-10-11 16:38

Going to bid on a job. GC wants an hourly rate because of material, steep slopes and no core samples. My office in Texas gets about $160 for a D6. Where should I be with a D8? I figured about $180/hr for machine, operator, fuel, etc.

Replies8
  1. #1stumpjumper832007-10-11 20:16

    I'm not an estimator, but d-8's are a tad bigger than d-6's. 6T's to 8T's, the 8's have it by 125hp and 19 tons. I think its worth more than $20 extra per hour. How I do it is to see what I rental prices are, add fuel, add cost for operator, and you should be close. Don't forget transport costs either. Anyhow I'm sure someone with a better idea will speak up on here shortly.

  2. #2Copenhagen2007-10-15 09:40

    anyone else?

  3. #3DPete2007-10-15 12:46

    I think you're pretty close @ $180 if it's non union. I don't get that for mine but I'm in a low area and my D8's are older K models. I figure them @ $160 plus trucking plus ripper points if abrasion is a problem. I don't do that much hour work, mostly contract. DP

  4. #4fensoncont.2007-10-18 21:49

    I figure $192.00/hr. with Union Operator and 20% markup.

  5. #5jamesbrokman2007-12-04 20:16

    thank you for using a union operator, ....operator with local 234 iowa

  6. #6fensoncont.2007-12-04 20:17

    I just wanted to let you know I'm figuring closer to $200.00/Hr. now. Fuel jumped up around here, which raises repair and such.

  7. #7RollOver Pete2007-12-04 22:46

    Such a Deal! Caterpillar D8R series II with me operating it... $230.00 hr. operated and maintained. IMHO, thats still to cheap.:exactly Lookin to save a buck or two....Pick up the ol' Yellowpages...:badidea There's lots of Blue Light specials to be found. We have lost many jobs because KMart equipment rental went in @ $200.00-$225.00. ointlaugh

  8. #8rino14942007-12-05 06:06

    In my area, prices are cheaper. D-6's get $110 and D-8's are $165.