Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Going to look at and possibly buy a used Cat 262c. Advice on problems to look for?

boatskipper ยท 2017-03-31 01:51

2012 Cat 262c. Going to be using it to clear my 40 acres. What are some things I should look for to determine whether I should buy? Like mechanical problems, etc. 40 acres is mostly brush and cedar trees with some large hardwoods. I'll only be clearing out all of the cedar and brush (which there is a lot, the brush and cedar are very thick). For the cedars I'm just sawing them down and then using skid to move to a burn pile. Then will use it to clear out all of the undergrowth and thick overgrown brush. What are some signs I should look for that indicates I should pass on the sale? The price is good. He's offering the skid steer, standard bucket, brush cutter, and grapple bucket for $26K. Tires are worn and will need to be replaced. Not sure how much that costs, so if you have an idea let me know. He said the only issues are the tires and the heater in the cab doesn't blow hot air, which doesn't matter to me.

Replies1
  1. #1cuttin edge2017-04-01 16:36

    Try posting in the skid steer section down below