Afternoon all and thanks for having me. Not new to plant having spent a long time in the army maintaining armour but in my later years find myself looking after a rather neglected JLG 40F that is somewhat challenging and more so with no shop manuals so rather hopeful i will learn something from you guys on here. Thanks again Nige
Welcome your jlg was built in Pennsylvania and a hour and 20 minutes away from me.
Thank you for your welcome. It is indeed a small world sir albeit it has ended up in the green rolling fields of County Durham. It doesnt get used in the industry or for people anymore as we have mounted a clay pigeon trap onto it so it lives on albeit rather worse for ware
LOL that's an odd re-purposing! Welcome.
Well we are odd folks you know lol Ill take some pics of it
jlg5
So it lives on
Welcome Nige40F. Sporting clays? Looks fun.
Thankyou good sir It is indeed English Sporting and means we have the option of a more challenging height on the clays (mind you then end up needing 6' of lead lol)
Very cool. I’m not very skilled at it, but sure enjoy sporting clays. I live near a premium facility. I should probably shoot more than I do, since it’s so convenient. It’s the ideal corporate event, or birthday celebration, in my mind.
I don't know anything about your JLG but that sure looks like a sweet setup, you guys are serious about your shooting! That would add a real challenge, I have shot quite a few clays but nothing like that.
Its a great sport and would recommend it to everyone as its not only most sociable but becomes rather addictive and is no foregone conclusion as there is an awful lot of sky and not a lot of clay up there I do trap shoot but like the randomness of sporting, Thanks to all for your welcomes and likes but think i had better get busy reading up on the old girl as although she is 43 years old, would hope there is another 43+ left in her (proper American machine - built to last)
Welcome to the Forums Nige4! I would love take my 12GA Ruger Red Label for a spin on that green grass!
Its green for a reason though sir as it rains more often than shines up here but of course you would be welcome to do so if you ever found yourself in the North East of England. Mind, "if it aint raining, it aint training" as they say
i think we will be up that way in August We are visiting family in Manchester and that was one of the directions of travel we are entertaining.
Its about 140 miles from Manchester i would guess but looking at your pic we are next door to a small airfield I would bring your rain coat though lol
yes we are considering venturing that way. I think we will see plenty of dry weather in August.
I wouldn't be too sure about that.......... Take the last 2 days for example. Should be summer, right.? Well yesterday was like January. Cold with driving wind & rain, totally miserable. It was so rotten I actually put the heating on because we couldn't get warm. Today is wall-to-wall blue skies and sunshine and everyone is in short-sleeve shirts. Go figure. The weather forecast here goes somenthing like "Look out of the window. If you can see the hills that means that it's going to rain. If you can't see the hills then it's already raining."
Aint that the truth
you watch, I'll report my UK weather and say it only rained twice One time for 3 days another time for 4 days
You UK guys ever pass through Great Massingham and Little Massingham? That’s where my peeps are from. They immigrated to Western Wa and settled in the Adna area around 1911. I met a UK college prof during my teaching days that family treed my family branch all the way to my folks. Weird, chance meeting him. That prof passed away, but I saved a paper copy of his work before his website disappeared.
If that happens consider yourself lucky. It’s not unknown for it to rain for a week straight.
My apologies for a late welcome, but Welcome.