Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good cheap place to get after market undercarriage parts

Bbarre ยท 2014-10-23 16:48

Hey guys I have a d3b. The passenger side sprocket and chains are in great shape. They were replaced not to long ago before I bought machine. Drivers side sprocket is wore bad and pins and bushings are bad also. What's the best place to get after market parts? Keep in mind this is strictly a farm dozer. It is not used everyday for a living. Thanks in advance.

Replies9
  1. #1lantraxco2014-10-23 17:22

    Has it got a bucket seat for the passenger? Just curious. You can have good, cheap, or fast, pick one.

  2. #2Nige2014-10-23 18:24

    Try these guys, they have helped more than one person on HEF with machines of a similar vintage to yours ................. http://www.offroadeq.com/

  3. #3Bbarre2014-10-23 18:43

    Lantraxco I was just referring to it as a vehicle. Lol. I think u know what I meant. Easier to say it that way versus left or right. Then it would depend which way u were looking at it. Thanks nige I'll check them out.

  4. #4CM19952014-10-23 18:50

    I've always heard it explained as good, fast and cheap. You can have two. Good and fast ain't cheap, cheap and fast ain't good, cheap and good ain't fast.

  5. #5lantraxco2014-10-23 18:52

    Just poking fun Although for our British members who drive on the correct side of the road, it would be confusing :usa In the end, one side is new and one is worn, it's all good! :drinkup

  6. #6lantraxco2014-10-23 18:54

    Nuh uh, times are hard, your choices are now limited to one only per customer! :tong

  7. #7Bbarre2014-10-23 19:02

    Exactly. One bad side and one good. I guess for a British driver it would be confusing. Lol

  8. #8Bbarre2014-10-23 19:04

    I tried to find parts on there website but it's hard to locate. Guess I'll just call and talk to a rep.

  9. #9Outasite2014-10-23 19:33

    Just bought a complete bottom for my D3b Vtrack rails.Ive heard they are,or at least we're junk.But some guys say that on light dozers they do ok,I do a couple hundred hours a year,and I'm 65 yrs old.The math said I didn't need a cat undercarriage.You can get a salt chain for around $1200 or a basic for $900 if your sprockets are one piece you can get the weld on rim for around $100.PM me and I'll give ya a number.