Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good Cylinder seal brand

Dgreen4298 · 2020-07-20 12:24

So I am going to start replacing leaking cylinder seals and I was going to buy oem parts but the price is 6x higher than an aftermarket kit. The dealer want $190 for a loader cylinder seal kit and aftermarket is only$30. I know that you usually get what you pay for but there has to be a good aftermarket available. Is there a good place to get quality seal kits that won’t dry out and leak in a year. I see them all over the internet but how do I know what is good? It’s a case 580c

Replies5
  1. #1nova4812020-07-20 13:11

    http://e-backhoeparts.com/

  2. #2Delmer2020-07-20 13:19

    hercules or bulldog

  3. #3Swetz2020-07-20 16:02

    Dgreen4298, I was recently looking for a good aftermarket seal kit for my backhoe. I started a thread on this forum. Many said Hercules and Bulldog, as stated by Delmar above. I decided to look them up and found Hercules had the seal kits that fit my machine. I went on ebay and ordered a kit from CEA_Services, located in Florida (near Hercules) sells Hercules kits cheaper than Hercules does directly. The price was good and the quality of the kit was awesome. When I needed another kit, I wound up having to call CEA. The woman was very friendly and helped me right away. At that point I found out that they also sell the Hercules kits directly cheaper than on ebay. So, I ordered my next kit directly from them. I have not installed it yet, but it is a good quality kit as well. Below is a link to CEA's store on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ss...C0.A0.H0.TRS4&_nkw=580c+cylinder+kit&_sacat=0

  4. #4mitch5042020-07-20 22:59

    I bought a Komatsu kit from CEA on ebay, there was a problem with the kit and it took 5 or 6 phone calls and much aggravation to get her to exchange it. Maybe they've improved in the last 5 years, but, I won't use them again. I have been buying kits from http://baumhydraulics.com/ for years, but they didn't have that one.

  5. #51466IH2020-07-21 07:47

    Hercules, bulldog or find a local hydraulic shop. A lot of hydraulic shops have seals on hand and just match up seals when you get there