Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

good skeleton bucket

nickkendall ยท 2012-06-05 20:48

i am looking to buy a skeleton bucket for my cat 315 I am not finding very many of them i found several made by SEC anyone have experience with this kind? where would be a good place to get one from?

Replies13
  1. #1greggn2012-06-06 06:17

    SEC are garbage, there are older discussions on this forum. For quality check out www.nyemanufacturing.com

  2. #2WerkBrau2012-06-06 07:54

    I am a bit bias here...but I know we produce skeleton buckets. Werk-Brau customers have reported back that they love how tough our skeleton buckets are, and that they last and take a good beating. I know that Werk-Brau does make skeleton buckets for cat 312's. Give me a few and I can try and pull up some specs and pictures if you are interested. Keep in mind, we don't sell direct to the public, so you would have to talk to a dealer. All the same you are welcome to call into us and ask a few questions about the buckets and features: 1-800-537-9561 anytime during normal business hours.

  3. #3buckfever2012-06-06 18:39

    SEC are cheaply made but they are also cheap to buy. If you are only going to use it every now and again the sec will be fine but if your going to put some serious hours on it might want to look around.

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2012-06-07 03:27

    I made the mistake of buying an SEC skeleton bucket. Won't do that again in a million years. I have posted before about what a piece of garbage it is. It is all mild steel, including the base edge. Weld quality is poor to non existant. Pin bores were machined a bit too small, so before I could even use it, I had to line-bore it. I used mine sorting oversized rocks from loose spoil piles, and it did not last. I could not imagine digging with it. As bad as the quality of tooth it had, I still have 4 out of 6 original teeth, hardly worn down. The other 2 have been replaced, because we didn't bother to try to find them when the shanks broke off. In spite of that, the base edge is scalloped nearly 2" deep, the side plates are 1/2 as thick as they started, and I lost count of how many times the bars broke out. The base edge bent about 4" in the center the first day when the operator made the mistake of putting the bucket down to lift the tracks slightly to turn on some rough ground. The pin bosses have all broken out, and even the back of the bucket, where the lugs attach is bent. Keep in mind, it has maybe 60 to 80 hours of use, and all of it sorting loose spoil piles. Cheap does not even begin to explain how bad these things are.

  5. #5Mr NL2012-06-07 14:36

    Hello, i`m new here and might have some interesting links. we have several skeleton buckets, Eurosteel and Verachterd (Caterpillar) no complains so far. some of them are 20 Years old and still going.. with the current euro/dollar it might be interesting. http://eurosteel.nl/graafmachines-n...riegroep=Buckets&ProductID=41&SelProductID=57 http://www.veraned.nl/en/worktools/...test_nieuwe_variant_specificaties_koppelen-3/

  6. #6buckfever2012-06-07 19:26

    I've bought a sec Bucket once and I agree they and a cheap bucket but I didn't know there skelleton buckets where that big of a POS.

  7. #7JGS Parts2012-06-11 13:48

    MATE RUN from SEC they are Q235B mild steel they cheapest crap they could find in china I know the factory they use in china as we are a bucet manufacture also and i would not recommend a SEC even to some one i did not like.

  8. #8themark2012-06-11 20:47

    SEC = Sh*tty Equipment from China. Beware at all costs.

  9. #9Jaypeps2013-01-21 16:36

    AMI has a skeleton bucket that looks to be strong and well manufactured. I've haven't used one or seen one up close, but i know we have some of their other products and have all worked very well for us.http://www.amiattachments.com/attachments.php?link=excavator-buckets&id=8

  10. #10Jaypeps2013-01-21 16:40

    Sorry this link should work. http://www.amiattachments.com/attachments.php?link=excavator-buckets&id=8

  11. #11greggn2013-01-21 16:42

    AMI produce an excellent product right here in NORTH AMERICA !!

  12. #12greggn2014-03-16 02:31

    Ttt

  13. #13Roo_Attachments2014-09-16 11:01

    mate are you sure of that i saw a factory in china full of there buckets i did not realise that they where an American company. but they where around 30tonner size GP buckets i saw at the factory. but hey tell me this dose SEC still sell there buckets at the auctions in the US? i was told that they where getting out of it in australia as i think everyone knows the name is bad.