Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GOOD VALUE? Used Hitachi EX270LC

lockhart76 ยท 2014-11-20 00:51

Am looking for a farm cat. Came across this one and wondering is this might be a good fit for a farm Hoe. I would likely put new rails, sprocket, and a thumb. Anyone dealt with this vendor? I like that the hoe is older and less computerized. Does this price seem reasonable for Alberta/Saskatchewan, Canada? Any red flags or concerns? Advice is appreciated. Thanks. Take a peek: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipm...itachi-ex270lc-hydraulic-excavator/1031191412

Replies3
  1. #1Tracparts Ltd.2014-11-20 15:22

    That seems like the price things go for around here. And I actually deal with Machinery Mike. But I don't buy from him, he buys from us. lol But I can say he stands behind his sales and is not a crooked guy. Hope that helps you out

  2. #2skadill2014-11-21 01:15

    It was a lower mainland,BC machine that sold this last summer july 30 in Chilliwack at Ritchies for $10,500.

  3. #3Welder Dave2014-11-22 23:24

    I see Machinery Mikes ads and some of them have me scratching my head. A 270 is a big excavator. If it sold at Ritchie Bros. for only $10,500, I'd have an Hitachi mechanic thoroughly inspect it. Worn undercarriage will lower the price for sure but I wouldn't trust the hour meter and be leary something else may be wrong. $10,500 to $24,900 is quite the mark up.