Ok, I'm over it , I'm done done done done! There's no way I can be the only one who has been dealing with Shockwave Flash crashing (not responding) on Google Chrome web browser. At first, as time went by, I thought "maybe it's just my computer", but no way, the wife has been dealing with the same problem, and we have totally different web browsing habits. I've done numerous searches about the problem, tried equally numerous "fixes", all to no avail. Today, at my wits end, no, my nerves end, I decided to try something before I resorted to a method that Tiny would employ, that being tossing the 'puter into the front yard. I uninstalled Chrome from my computer and all it's residuals. Loaded a fresh download of Google Chrome, all should be updated and well, no? So the moment of truth, clicked on Chrome to open web browser, and, you guessed it, when it opened, the virgin opening of my fresh downloaded version...shockwave flash crashed. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!! :Banghead That's it...I'm done! As of tonight I've switched to Mozilla Firefox browser. So far, knock on wood, and I've been tempted to go to the shed and get a sledge hammer to beat every piece of wood sufficiently "knocked" just to get the point across, that being frustration desperation, but so far I've had no problems with Firefox, at least I've yet to see the dreaded "shockwave flash" crash. Please tell me I'm not the only computer idiot that has been dealing with this issue with Chrome. :beatsme
Mine started doing that a few weeks ago, about the time we got these banner ads at the top of the page. I did a bunch of stuff too. Then, a ran a boot time scan w/ avast antivirus, it was so complete it took about 18 hours. The only thing it found was a piece of adware called "banner". It got rid of it and everything has been a lot better. I think, but I don't know, being a computer dumbass, that the banner ads put more load on shockwave flash. :beatsme:beatsme:drinkup
I'm the same Mitch, a computer dumbass, freely admit it. I don't know what caused my problem with Chrome, but I'm damn sure done with it!
You aren't the only one. On my main laptop, Chrome is absolutely worthless, same issues you have. Hell if I even try to open it it freezes the whole computer up. I switched to Mozilla Firefox. Add NoScript to it and it's good to go.
That is most likely because of an outdated version of Flash. Then use another browser, I would recommend Firefox or Opera. Opera has a built-in Adblocker. Also, install ublock origin add-on to stop popup windows on your favorite adult sites.