Machine would not move and the 41-4 and 2204-4 codes were not there before the joystick and trottle assembly were replaced please help it’s a cat. 246c skid steer
Can you post a Serial Number please. It makes finding info a lot easier. I assume that it is JAY prefix but there are three different groups of machines within the JAY series based on Serial Number. Can I ask why you replaced the LH joystick base and the "throttle assembly".? I'm not even sure what you mean by that term TBH. You're not talking about the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) are you.? 41-4 indicates the 8v supply to all the sensors that use it (which includes the TPS) is below specification. 2204-4 indicates that the voltage signal from the RH joystick handle thumbwheel sensor is below specification. I would hazard a guess that the 41-4 is causing the 2204-4.
Cat0246ccjay05630 and I mean the full trottle assembly includeding the tps like the peddle and all that would come with it from cat and thanks for the reply really appreciate it as this got me stumped
OK. You are going to need the electrical schematic. I will send that to you separately so keep an eye on your messages (envelope icon in top RH corner of main screen). Attached is the procedure for troubleshooting 41-4. See how you go with that first because until you fix it there is no point even looking at 2204-4. Are you SURE that the two Codes are Active.?
Kk thanks a million again for the help
Again he asks ......... Are you SURE that the two Codes are Active.? BTW how are you determining Diagnostic Codes.?
The codes are active and I am useing the screen on machine to retrieve codes Also after unplugging the left joystick the code moved from active to stored but I know have these codes active witch are to be expected I would assume as the joystick is unplugged 2474-3 2476-3
OK. The factory build spec of your S/N did not include the optional RH screen. It must have been added later. That's why I was asking, thinking you were using external software to determine Codes.
Thanks so much with the info I got from u I was able to find the problem it was a wire that was touching on the left joystick slider/adjuster bracket thanks again