Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got a blown track hose on a hitachi ex40 what’s it take to get to it?

Danny Astro ยท 2021-06-22 23:33

figures right.... I have no idea what it's going to take to get to the track side of this blown hose, can anyone give me a general idea

Replies12
  1. #1skyking12021-06-23 00:22

    if it's like the 35 there is a sheetmetal cover over the motor end, and a hole in the middle of the carbody at the swivel.

  2. #2Danny Astro2021-06-23 00:36

    This has an inspection plate under the swivel where a hydraulic hub is located, it has 4 hoses going into each track through the back side which appears to be solid. And there is no access plates on the outside of the tracks that I can see.

  3. #3skyking12021-06-23 00:41

    the round cover on the back side of the motor does not have bolts? That is the usual path. it is on the inside of the track motor.

  4. #4Danny Astro2021-06-23 00:47

    That makes sense, excuse my ignorance, this is new to me, replaced hoses on back hoes and tractors but this is my first track hoe. I'll check it out, thanks for the input

  5. #5Aarons812021-06-23 05:53

    Which ever way you finally pull it out, tie a piece of rope to the opposing side to aid in fishing the new line back through! I usually tape it on as the tape works to keep the ends clean if you don't have a plug.

  6. #6Vetech632021-06-23 08:05

    Its called a rotary manifold just for future terminology.

  7. #7Danny Astro2021-06-23 13:40

    Thanks

  8. #8Danny Astro2021-06-23 13:43

    Good Advice >> will do

  9. #9Danny Astro2021-06-24 22:32

    Looks like I got it all wrong the hoses underneath on the rotary manifold are all good, it's burst somewhere above, I removed the floor and I don't see any sign of the leak. Whatever burst it took out the left track

  10. #10Welder Dave2021-06-25 00:00

    Hopefully it's not the rotary manifold leaking and a hose on the top side is the culprit. May need a second set of eyes to look for the leak while you operate the control. Don't use your hands to feel for a leak. Use a piece of paper or carboard. Also make sure you have sufficient hyd. fluid in the reservoir when looking for the leak.

  11. #11Danny Astro2021-06-25 00:08

    Man that don't sound good.... what if it is ? could that effect just one track?

  12. #12Welder Dave2021-06-25 00:23

    Maybe, I'm not an expert on rotary manifolds but they can develop leaks and have to come out to repair. Hopefully it's a hose or fitting leaking. Good luck.