Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got a little further since post on Welder Dave’s posting

DMiller · 2019-06-04 15:31

Framing done, rock hanging and first layer mud/tape up. Will have one access hatch above and one to under lowest steps. All done by the three of us, Me Myself and I.

Replies4
  1. #1Labparamour2019-06-04 17:10

    Lookin’ good! Seems I always sand off about as much mud as I’ve put on Although, I’ve become less particular as I’m getting older...and I see commercial establishments with worse taping jobs! Darryl

  2. #2DMiller2019-06-04 18:27

    I have gotten better at NOT slathering as bad as once did, get a pretty good finish with minimal sanding anymore but have worked on Five houses over the years teaching myself this.

  3. #3CM19952019-06-04 19:38

    I respect those sheetrocker's both the hanging crews and the finishing crews. It takes a steady hand not just to mud and tape but do it fast enough and good enough to make a living at it. If I was depending on my sheetrock skill's to put food on the table I'd weigh 95 lbs..

  4. #4ianjoub2019-06-04 19:47

    We hang it then cut luan strips to cover the seams.