Need anything big, ugly, heavy, etc. for the wood industry? Iron Mart got the goods. NJoy.
Nice pics I enjoy them
I appreciate it jdman...it breaks up the monotany of all the rest of the job. thanx.
Heavy Iron headed to new home 1200 miles away. Some shots of a feller buncher I moved recently from Hopkinton, New Hampshire to Lexington, South Carolina. trip was eventless, which is always a bonus. It weighed about 65K and was 11'6" wide. First pic is at home, waiting for Monday morning to roll around so I could legally move. Second is sitting in Newburgh, N.Y. (Hello Steve...:usa ) I-84 westbound at the escort staging area for the Newburgh Beacon bridge. They only permit oversize loads across the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge twice a day...at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Other than that, you're S.O.O.L. Plus, it costs $100.00 for the pickup truck with the flashing lights to escort you the whole mile across. That's the gig I need. Third, sitting in front of IronMart in S.C. the following afternoon. Time for a Days Inn after all that tension. Forth, In front of the Cat dealer in Richmond, Vermont where I delivered the next picture, a new Challenger 665B 295 horsepower 4X4 tractor from Port of Baltimore after the feller buncher. NJoy, Thanx.
Last set of pics. Couple more to go with the previous ones, to complete the set.
I hate loading feller bunchers on low beds, they give you that oh **** feeling when you are going on or coming off a trailer, we did have a guy roll one over on it's side as he was unloading, so what does he do, he crawls out the emergency exit, hooks up, and leaves doesn't tell anyone
You wanna really laugh DirectTech...I was called in to load this feller buncher at Milton Cat in NH, the day after a truck showed up to load it (from Alabama,) with a 48' stepdeck, just the normal aluminum, 10' 1" spreadaxle, stepdeck. They told him they weren't sure they'd load it on that trailer, but at the very least he'd need outrigger boards before they'd try. I'm not the sharpest tool in the woodshed...but where are you going to put the outriggers on a stepdeck? Maybe buy 2" X 16"'s (if you can find such a board,) and run them over or something? I don't know...I'm still puzzled.:beatsme After the Alabama Wildman went to Home Depot and bought $34.00 worth of doug fir 2 X 12's, and got backed up to the loading dock, the yardman at Cat refused to drive it onto the deck, which I commend him for that decision. Somebody, if not both of them, would've gotten hurt once that thing left the dock and hit that trailer.:shf That wagon would have snapped in half going down the road at some point also, because he would have had to load it so far ahead to lay the stick down, that the bulk of the machine's weight would have been about in the center of that stepdeck. He couldn't have loaded it with the stick forward, because he'd be BEASTLY overweight on the trailer axles like that. It was hairy enough crawling onto my Fontaine Specialized, just 12" off the ground when apart. That crawler had pretty aggressive grousers that are tapered at the edges, and really tricky when steel on steel. I don't get nervous about it, but the others that aren't familiar of don't have the nads I do don't say much as they're loading/unloading it...they're pretty alert.
Hey LowBoy... Were you in So Cal about 2 weeks ago? W/B I-10 E/O Indio? :cool2
No, but I will be in Las Cruces, New Mexico this coming Thursday. The local work I started off doing just keeps expanding for some reason...:beatsme
Thought I saw your yellow Pete heading west. :cool2
you just gotta wounder about some people, a couple weeks ago we had a forwarder come in from Wisconsin and the truck driver has only operated a few and he picked this one up after hours at the dealer, so when it arrived at our shop, he ripped a hose of the stick boom, drove the grapple into the head board, and then he let the air out of the four front tires because he didn't know how to get it below hight, so he got billed for a little bit.
great pictures LowBoy!You haul a lot of nice equipments
Thanx Dude, check out the new ones I just put up. Lots of cool stuff.