Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got me a little crane today

JD955SC · 2020-10-04 21:12

Wife got me this Lego Technic mobile truck crane set https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mobile-crane-42108 You build it in three stages and it has almost 1300 pieces. I’ve got five hours into it so far and completed two of the build stages. It’s definitely more advanced than my normal Legos from when I was a kid but I’ve enjoyed the process a lot. I’ve got my eye on the Volvo ADT next and then the mack daddy Leibherr R 9800 https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/6x6-volvo-articulated-hauler-42114 https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/liebherr-r-9800-excavator-42100

Replies8
  1. #1mitch5042020-10-05 13:57

    No CATs??!!!!

  2. #2kshansen2020-10-05 14:06

    So what's the "Flat Rate Manual" say for assembly time? When you have it done maybe you could sell it to CO! He's always seems to need a new machine.

  3. #3JD955SC2020-10-05 15:35

    I’m surprised they don’t have any from them. They need to collaborate with Cat on a dozer, maybe a D11T.

  4. #4JD955SC2020-10-05 15:37

    it’d be the cheapest machine for him to own and operate! i don’t know flat rate but it took me about 8-9 hours.

  5. #5kshansen2020-10-05 19:06

    Well for those who don't have one here's a demo video: Even found a comparison video with a track mounted crane! JD955SC now needs to get one of those on order!

  6. #6petepilot2020-10-05 20:25

    thats just the cats britches

  7. #7JD955SC2021-09-01 19:42

    and they did https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/app-controlled-cat-d11-bulldozer-42131 don’t faint when you see the price…$450! It’s motorized and remote controlled

  8. #8kshansen2022-09-13 09:22

    How do these people think posting advertisements on a thread about a Lego toy crane will get them sales of major commercial shredders?