Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got some help today

Welder Dave ยท 2020-09-03 01:44

The grader instructor from the operating engineers training center came down today to put a slope on the flat track. He didn't have much time today so will finish tomorrow. He brought a brand spanking new Cat 140 with 17 hours on it. It's very quiet. They also have a 140M and a JD 770G grader . It was windy and I didn't even hear him come up the driveway. He's been operating for 37 years so I'm excited to see the finished track. He hadn't even read how to operate the grade control yet but said he'd figure it out and use the slope meter for the initial passes. You watch him for 10 minutes and you can tell he knows what he's doing. The manager also came down and said there's a possibility they'll be able to groom the track on occasion. He said 3 of the students that come for additional training would be capable of grooming the track. They've been really good to me in the short time I've known them. They can borrow my water truck anytime they want.

Replies1
  1. #1aighead2020-09-03 07:16

    We have some kind of Engineer Club or training center a couple miles away. They have a pretty good chunk of land and look like they do some neat stuff. I always want to pull in just to see what they are up but I haven't yet. I know they've got some big equipment out there and a BIG pond I'm jealous of.