Thought I'd better start a new thread, the last one was getting quite long. When we first looked at the C, it had been setting for 18mos. Both tilt cylinders on the bucket were spewing oil, and we split a hose on one stabilizer. When we went to pick it up yesterday, it wouldn't climb the ramps onto the trailer, and of course the front wheels came off the ground. We put a 55gal dum of water in the bucket to hold it down. That worked well, but the shuttle worked great in reverse, but either wouldn't move at all in forward, or would not climb the ramps. Shuttle dipstick didn't show anything when checked while running. I didn't think the shuttle and the loader shared the same oil supply, but the owner insisted it did, and said in 20 years he had never added any oil except into the loader reservoir. We tried to pour oil into the shuttle dipstick tube, and it would not take it. Like it had an airlock. We ended up adding 10 gal in the loader reservoir, and after fooling with the shuttle shift, finally got it to climb up nicely onto the trailer. Of course the kill cable is broken, and one must shut down the injection pump by hand. My son was on the tractor, and jumped off to kill the pump, and the tractor jumped into reverse, and very nicely, backed back off the trailer. Of course son tried to get back on, and all of us were yelling "jump". He finally did, and the machine stopped just short of knocking an upright out of the pole barn. We finally got it loaded the second time, and were on our way. (see my other post on the old thread for that adventure). One of the other guys on this forum sent me a couple of CDs-parts & service- and I've been going over them this AM. I think the breather on top of the shuttle must br plugged and that's why the oil wouldn't go down the tube. I have to pull the two tilt cylinders and the blown hose off to have them fixed, then I'll drop the pan on the shuttle, clean the screen and check the breather, then look over the linkage to see why it doesn't want to go in forward every time. I'm a newbie at this, first backhoe, so all comments are certainly welcome.
No replies yet.