Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gradall 534B Electric problem

Philosaw ยท 2014-10-01 22:22

I have an older 534B with a dead short. I found the problem wire under the dash coming off of one of the two 10amp fuses. I traced it to the plug and found it's location among the pins, where I also found it's number. Gradall was very good about numbering all of their wires but lacked one little thing...a decent schematic! I have the Gradall book which has a schematic of my machines wiring and has many of the wire numbers on it, but not all. Does anyone know where the #4 wire goes after it leaves the multi-pin plug under the dash? I've looked at the looms everywhere and they're in excellent shape. I then unplugged about everything I could find, but evidently not all. Knowing the destination of that #4 wire would be a real treat!

Replies1
  1. #1Philosaw2014-10-06 09:34

    OK. In my ignorance I neglected to search the repair manual thoroughly and when I did I found the schematic directing me to the wire location. Found the dead short and fixed it.