have a 92 g3wd that starts from both carrier and upper. The problem is its shorting out and draining battery. This goes away when I disconnect wire 15 which is on top right of power bar that gets it juice from 6b. Then of coarse it don't start. Any ideas. thanks
look around the collector on the bottom of the center pin to start.
ok. thanks
that not in my service manual. Any suggestions whats involved in that
Do you have a wiring schematic for that machine? I’m currently straightening out electrical issues on a Gradall XL 310O but the G3WD is a different animal.
yes I do. I have a short so when I connect positive battery one of the three relays engages every thirty seconds. Right above them there is two wires 6B and 6C that feeds a bar of circuits. when I disconnect 15a that I believe go to the panel the shorting quits. that as far as I got. Please advise
There is a aluminum cover on the bottom of the center pin held on with two nuts carefully remove it and look at the rats nest in their see is any wires are bare.
k will try thanks
took two bolts off and dropped the cover and it was clean with no signs of issues. The 15 wire that goes to bar in from the display seems to be shorting. 6b-cb16-bar
A schematic and VOM will be your friend. You can get the correct schematics from Gradall’s website with your serial number