Howdy I just got back an oil analasys for our gradall 534 d6-42. In a nutshell, it says that the oil needs to be replaced. The book recomends Mobil 424, but we can't find any locally. What would you guys use? Also, what grease do you use to lubricate the slides on the boom? The stuff that we are currently using doesn't stick as well as we'd like it to and wears off quickly. Thanks, Jim
there should be a spec on the oil required so match it up to another brand
Any universal tractor fluid will work. We use Shell oils, Tellus T i believe. We use white lithium grease for the boom, the brush grade white grease. I know the manufacturer doesnt recommend that but i do it anyway. Most people would tell you a dry grease is the way to go. Yes it does wear off pretty quick, gotta do it often.
Yes, Mobil 424 is a universal tractor oil. I would just make sure that the viscosity of whatever you source is comparable. The Mobil is sped' at 55 cSt @ 40°C, which is roughly equivalent to a 5W-30. I am not familiar with the Gradall drivetrain, but if this oil lubricates any clutches and/or brakes resist the urge to substitute a different kind of oil. UTF has friction modifiers that are compatible with friction materials, other types of oil do not. ISZ