Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grade Controll

Chris Howard ยท 2009-06-09 00:50

I am wondering if anyone has has any experience with the ocala excavision or the agl excavator controll systems? I am wondering if they work as well as the manufacturer claims or if they are more time consuming than theyre worth. I am trying to locate a machine equipped with one hoping to try it before i jump in and buy, but there doesn't appear to be anything remotely close to south central MN. Thanks in advance for any info.

Replies6
  1. #1roddyo2009-06-14 14:31

    Excavision I have an Excavision and am happy with it. You have to go slow fine grading though. Since the Transmitters are wireless the Bucket can Outrun the Monitor if that makes sense.

  2. #2t_dirt2009-09-14 20:09

    Has anyone tried/are using a Topcon Excavator system??

  3. #3candig2011-02-24 21:23

    Topcon x42 is anice looking package but has some serious flaws

  4. #4TileGuy2011-04-06 22:04

    I used EZDigPro last fall. If you're going to use it for digging in pipe or digging/cleaning ditches, forget about it. It's pretty much impossible to watch your bucket and the display at the same time, which slows your digging down a lot. You can still do a nice job, but it just takes too long. One place where this system would really shine is digging footings and basements, where just getting the right depth is more important than fine grading. It also comes in handy when there's water where you're digging and you can't see the edge of your bucket. I have one for sale if anyone is interested. I only put about 30 hours on it.

  5. #5Kellogg Report2011-04-07 00:08

    Some systems have the option of using an external lightbar. This is really just a strip of LEDs that indicate cut/on grade/fill. The lightbar is mounted away from the control box so that it is more in the operator's line of sight. That way he can get the cut/fill information and still manage the material. Topcon makes one that can be attached to the control box or mounted away from it: ------------------------------------------------------------------ Compare 3D machine control systems from Trimble, Leica and Topcon

  6. #6manac2011-04-07 00:22

    I may be interested send me a pm