Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grading bucket attachment?

csthompson12 ยท 2012-01-08 15:30

I've got a Ford 555 with 24" backhoe bucket, does any company make a attachment that converts it into a grading bucket? I'm thinking something flat that goes over the teeth.

Replies7
  1. #1lgammon2012-01-08 22:55

    We just weld an old cutting edge to some old teeth .

  2. #2orville2012-01-15 06:54

    I saw a bucket in use where this man took a piece of maybe inch and a half pipe and either cut holes for the bucket teeth or else cut a slot the length of the pipe. I would bet it was a slot the length of the pipe. On each end of the pipe a piece of flat bar, maybe six inches long was welded to the pipe. The flat bar was held to the bucket with a bolt (one) on each side. This guy dug up a septic tank so it could be pumped out. When he back filled the hole with the hoe bucket I think the majority of the dirt was drug in with the teeth exposed. Put the pipe over the teeth and when he was finished you could hardly tell he had dumped any dirt on the grass. This is real simple to make, or have made. This old boy had this hoe on the back of his pumping truck, and I think he said it was a Sherman hoe off an old Ford tractor. When I saw this truck it was back in the 70's.

  3. #3Ropinghorns2012-01-15 18:35

    http://www.werk-brau.com/GradingBlades.aspx is one way to go. I just did the same as others have said, but made some quick attach ears on my new Kubota kx121. I change it often and used old cutting edges welded to and old bucket . http://gradeblade.com/ is the best one I have seen. It is close to 2 of the 3 that I have made. Hope this helps.

  4. #4orville2012-01-15 18:59

    That grade blade.com video showed a neat blade or idea. Looks like the plates are on both sides of the teeth. Do you know how wide the flat area is on the bottom of the grading? Or Maybe it varries with the bucket.

  5. #5Ropinghorns2012-01-15 19:16

    They make any size you want. Mine is 4 ft. wide welded on a 2 foot bucket. I have seen men chain a 10 foot railroad iron on a few feet from the bucket and drag it around for a nice finish.

  6. #6jacob642012-01-21 05:50

    Do you guys not use what we call over here in Scotland a "ditching bucket" for grading ,if i'm final grading a road thats what i use every time . Guess every country's different.

  7. #7trevor b2012-01-21 06:07

    i have a 32" ditching buckett for my sk tb