Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grapple lid?

afret ยท 2017-03-30 10:20

Is there an attachment that replaces the bucket and looks like a grapple lid which would oppose the thumb. Which company would make something like that? Seems like it would be better than a bucket to grab logs and rocks.

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2017-03-30 13:16

    Yep, seen one or two, not sure where you would buy one.

  2. #2Graham12017-03-30 14:04

    A land rake opposite a thumb would work well. The extra width would help gather stuff then you could grab it between the two. Most attachment providers list rakes. Graham

  3. #3afret2017-03-30 15:29

    Thanks. That seems like the way to go.

  4. #4Tags2017-03-30 19:18

    Try USA attachments, pretty sure they have one or will make one. I bought a Ripper tooth from them and its been great, reasonably priced too....

  5. #5afret2017-03-30 20:28

    I found one that should work. Will order it once my U55 arrives. https://boltzequipmentparts.com/pro...ding-rake-7500-11000-lb-weight-class-machines

  6. #6demerson38142018-05-12 21:41

    How do you like the rake? I have one on order for my kx057.