Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gravity Sewer

IC1 ยท 2004-01-29 20:43

How many of you guys concentrate primarily on water/sewer. I am new to the business and looking to possible just specialize in this area, leaving the road work and grading to others more suited to that work.

Replies1
  1. #1Blademan2004-02-01 02:08

    Hey ,welcome to the site !! I'm predominately in the roadbuilding/earthmoving side of things now ,but my father was a underground ( water/sewer ) Foreman for over thirty five years and I got to know some through that .I also spent a lot of my youth going with him to work ( weekends/summers ) until I turned fourteen and started earning a paycheck for doing the work he had me doing anyway . I did everything from backfilling to being a copperman and putting in house services ( water/sewer/storm lines ) . Don't know too much about the business of it today , but am willing to share what I do know or remember . Good luck in your new endeavor , Rob