Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gravity vs. Power Tilt

Go2ndAmend ยท 2013-04-01 22:53

Hello all - I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions regarding a Gravity vs. a Power Hydraulic Tilt on a 16,000GVWR deckover style trailer. Which do you prefer and why? I have only run the gravity tilt and have no experience with the power hydraulic tilt. I see advantages to the power tilt, but don't really like the idea of yet another battery to maintain. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1tuney4432013-04-02 10:37

    I've run a couple gravity tilt decks--never a problem except sometimes when there's no iron around to put the deck down and your body weight isn't enough, you have to have plan B ready.I'd be more concerned with something hydraulically going south and then the deck can't possibly even be collapsed easily.

  2. #2ricdel2013-04-02 10:59

    I agree with tuney443, Have owned both because I didn't have or want to spend the money for the power tilt but getting older and working by myself a lot the power tilt is really nice.

  3. #3ctkiteboarding2013-05-09 13:43

    power tilt on my 7 ton and air tilt on my 25t .... can say id change a thing

  4. #4Dualie2013-05-10 02:47

    the only time i ever wish i had a power tilt is if im trying to load something on the nose then the machine.