New to me a locking grease coupler has anyone purchased and used one yet? Seems useful and would free up one hand to hold grease gun while pumping but $$ for just a coupler. http://www.greasecoupler.com/
idea seems reasonable. if I'm honest, I'm not sold on it and would have to be shown how good they claim to be. my chord less grease gun in one hand, and the nipple thingy in the other works every time!
It's getting nothing but love on tractorbynet http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/304889-locknlube-cupler-grease-gun.html
14 pages of reading but very good info, thanks .
14 pages cause they all fell in love with it and wanted to share their love with the world!
Can't argue wih the voice of the people!
Here's a utube video from South Africa company, that foot operated grease can is neat too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5uccLIC99w#t=105
I have two of them, one on my shop grease pump and one on my service truck grease pump, absolutely love them! Allow me to say that again, absolutely love them! But I must say this, when you run into substantial pressure, such as a pin that won't take grease which makes pressure build on grease pump line, it's near impossible to make it release. I remedied the problem by fitting a tee in the line from grease handle to coupler with a needle valve to release the pressure on the coupler. Aside from that quirk, it's an awesome tool. :drinkup
Just bought a couple of these and I can highly recommend them. Greasing used to be a messy horrible job, now I'm looking round for extra things to grease! Seems a lot of money, but worth every penny. If you are not US based they sell on ebay and ship worldwide (eBay item number:221367589959). Graham
Just ordered 3 of them, we'll see how they work.....
I think you'll be happy with it curb guy. They even work when a grease zerk is fitted in a recessed hole, actually work better than standard couplers in those applications. But like I stated earlier, the only problem you'll find with them is when you run across a zerk that won't take grease. It puts so much clamping pressure on the coupler that you can't get it to come loose without loosening the threads and allow some grease to escape. I need to post a pic of how I resolved that problem with my setup.
I ordered 1 about 3 weeks ago and like it, saves time as it free-up one hand when using a hose on grease gun. Was thinking about getting a battery operated grease gun but this before purchasing this coupling ,now my old Lincoln hand pump works great doing neat job with grease being put into the machine rather than on it.
Got mine in the mail today will try it out and post my experience......TIO
I finally remembered to take a pic of the pressure release valve I fitted to my grease gun. Both my shop grease pump and the one on my service truck are air powered high pressure pumps, the one on my shop grease barrel will put out 6000 psi. As I stated previously, the one problem you'll run into with the coupler is when you come across a grease fitting that won't take grease. It will put so much pressure on the coupler that it locks it on, you can't get it to release from the grease nipple. My solution was to fit a pressure release valve in the grease hose between the gun and the coupler. Started with a hex nipple, then a branch tee, then the grease hose screws into the branch tee. Attach a needle valve to the branch tee to release pressure. On the outlet of the needle valve I fitted a brass plug with a small hole drilled in the center to allow grease to escape yet not make a mess, the end of the plug can be easily wiped clean with a rag. Aside from the brass plug, all other parts are high pressure steel hydraulic fittings, not brass. You don't want to take a chance of bursting with the pressure a grease gun produces.
Would the release issue happen with a hand pump? No 6000 psi over here! Just ordered two couplers
That I don't know AlldayRJ, I've only used them on grease pumps thus far.
I will add this, these locking couplers are especially nice when you're re-installing a track and you need to pump up the grease adjuster. This typically takes a few minutes on big track frames, and it's really nice to simply lock on the coupler and let it rip as opposed to holding a typical grease coupler tight on that valve nipple. Makes this task a helluva lot easier.
Just bought two, love them! As willie said awesome for tracks will be even better in the cold, ziptie trigger and sit in the nice warm truck. Seem to hold up a lot longer than the standard "heavy duty" ones.