Purchase a case 850b and several grease fittings will not accept grease. I've removed the fittings and they are not the problem. Apparently the grease has hardened and will not allow grease to flow. Is there a way to soften the old grease and replace with fresh grease?
The trick I try first is using a butane torch (the plumbers type they use to solder) and heat the pin. When the pin is hot I douse it with some PB blaster or other penetration oil. Be careful as that stuff is flammable so take precautions. The pin will be hot and suck the penetration oil in. Try this a few times and then try to pump grease into the pin. It may take a while to get it to take grease. It doesn't always work but it's the first thing I would try. If it's a stubborn pin, then more advanced techniques will need to be used. Also take precaution if the pin has any rubber dust rings like larger trackhoes have, you don't want to melt those.
Hi Beer Man, I had a couple like that, I would remove the fitting, take a sharp tool and clean the hole out that goes to the bearing, then put a little wd 40 in to wash everything out. The hole is about 1/2 inch deep on a lot of equipment and thats were all the dirt ends up. sam.
I got a little 4 ton porta-power I rigged up into the threads.... they usually come with that.... but not always.... then I take the pin out and clean it.
That's the best way short of pulling the bushing and cleaning the groove around it. Grese every day to prevent this. Later Bob
One of the field guy's I work with made a nipple for the track press pump. A little hydrauic oil works every time.
Thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot.
I've done like the others, one way or another work some type of oil into the fitting to get things loosened up. Once you can get grease in there, I feel, it's better to over grease then to under grease.