Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grease Shortage

Reuben Frazier · 2022-06-04 09:44

Can someone educate me on why we now have a grease shortage? I’m caught with my pants down on this one, I had 10 cases of Lucas Xtra Heavy duty grease on hand and I’m running low now only to find it’s no longer available. If anyone has a clue where some might be hiding out I’d appreciate some insight, this is getting very very old….

Replies19
  1. #1Coaldust2022-06-04 15:00

    I’ve been posting about it in the lube forum, but it’s been awhile since an update. It all started when Chemtool burnt down almost one year ago. It’s difficult to be brand loyal at the moment. Purchase what you can find in your area.

  2. #2mowingman2022-06-09 12:42

    I can confirm that grease supplies are getting low. Just got back from Tractor Supply a few minutes ago. Their shelves, usually containing lots of grease in tubes, is "very empty". I did get a couple of tubes, but a store employee told me they have not gotten a grease order in for at least a month. If you need grease, you had better go get a couple of cartons, just in case!!

  3. #3Willie B2022-06-09 12:57

    My sons won't mind at all.

  4. #4grandpa2022-06-09 21:09

    Just let me walk aroung a bit, grease comes from miles to jump on me.

  5. #5muddog19752022-06-10 16:03

    I just got 6 case in today! Lucas red and tacky. Glad to have it.

  6. #6Coaldust2022-06-10 16:04

    That’s a good score.

  7. #7muddog19752022-06-10 16:04

    Ain't that the truth! LoL

  8. #8muddog19752022-06-10 16:08

    Yes Sir! I was just gifted a 120 LBS grease barrel and pump. Really glad to have it. Going to make a skid for it, with hose and reel to quick load and unload in my service truck for the bigger machines I service.

  9. #9chidog2022-06-10 18:15

    Too many all the sudden places burning up lately.

  10. #10terex herder2022-06-11 15:26

    The friction from the insurance policy and the note due the bank rubbing together have started a lot of fires.

  11. #11JLarson2022-06-11 16:45

    I've been buying extra cases when they have it. Need one, buy two.

  12. #12muddog19752022-06-11 22:59

    Lol...good one.

  13. #13Willie B2022-06-12 07:10

    I believe: Sometimes you have to wreck the truck to get insurance money to make the truck payment. Larry The Cable Guy

  14. #14John C.2022-06-12 12:07

    Generally known as fire sales to the insurance industry.

  15. #15suladas2022-06-12 14:44

    Got me worried and had to check stores around here, there is plenty in stock, maybe depends on brand I use shell moly.

  16. #16skata2022-06-12 17:05

    I wonder what greases they used to make there.

  17. #17muddog19752022-06-12 18:43

    Really flammable grease.....

  18. #18Coaldust2022-06-13 16:00

    Skata, Delo & Shell AeroShell were two of the brands that stand out. The FAA finally gave the ok for some Aeroshell emergency replacements. Big deal for Cessna owners. I found a stash of Aeroshell 6 at a helicopter outfit in Oregon. Not a tube to be found in AK.

  19. #19skyking12022-06-13 21:09

    I picked up a couple of cases of EP NLGI 2 today, and will burn one into the rotec gear bay on Thursday. 5$ a tube!!