Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grease Zerks

tspangenberg ยท 2016-11-11 12:13

Hi there, I am wondering if you guys could take this short survey about grease zerks. I am working on my high school engineering project and need some statistics and research. The survey deals with grease zerk and pivot point problems. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could take this. Thanks for your time. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8D96YX9

Replies2
  1. #1redneckracin2016-11-11 12:40

    I think you need to rephrase question 7. I don't understand what its asking me. They make a tool that can be hit with a hammer that injects a light oil to unclog a zerk. Also, I would split up the AND/OR questions. I would add in a question about the clogged zerk coming from lack of use or other. Split question 6 up into two questions. A permanent fix is very different from a temporary fix as well. You may not know this either, but there are automatic lube systems on the bigger equipment that doesn't require any manual input except to fill the grease source.

  2. #2Mike Van2016-11-13 05:36

    Some of the questions are way too random to get accurate answers. I did the survey, but i'm not sure what the results are going to tell you. Some pivot points need to be greased every few hours, some every week. All are different in the time / cost to repair them. The best grease & fitting in the world is useless if a person won't pick up the gun & do it.