Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Greasing 15 x 36 jaw

kevink ยท 2013-05-12 22:23

We have an eagle 15 x 36 jaw just wondering if anyone has experience with greasing one. I have asked the manufacture and cant get a exact answer being its age. How much is enough whats 2 much any points to look for. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Cat is ALL2013-05-19 00:34

    I didn't look up your jaw but I know that on laminated seal jaw bearings you could start at 50 shots and work your way up or down depending on if you see grease coming out. Grease coming out isn't a bad thing, if too much comes out use less shots and vice versa. Generally the inside bearing uses the same as the 2 outside bearings.

  2. #2SPMiller2013-08-29 15:41

    I have stacks and stacks of opertors manuals for pioneer jaws unfortunately not for Eagle. A 15x36 pioneer requires the addition of 16 oz of ant NLG100 Semifuild grease to each bearing housing (one on each side) As for pitman bearing it requires the addition of 32 oz of any NLG100 semi fluid grease. This is required for each day of run time due to a small amount of lubricant continually passing through the labyrinth seals and flushing out any/all accumulated dirt. I can't imagine your eagle would be that much different. And incase you were wondering a grease tube is usually between 14-16oz. Gives you a pretty good idea of what you should need.

  3. #3grandpa2013-08-29 20:33

    I agree with Cat is All.

  4. #4blitz1382013-08-30 00:47

    I agree with Cat but I would say a very small amount of grease coming out. Does it have a port opposite of the grease zerk? What position is the zerk?