Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

greasing a D3 dozer

bmckenzie · 2025-11-20 19:03

What gives, my buddy just bought a 1977 D3 cat dozer. We are giving it the once over to see what we needed to do a fresh maintenance and I notice a lack of grease on all the pivot joints, low and behold , not one zerk fitting. what gives ?

Replies3
  1. #1Rustyshacklford2025-11-20 19:12

    Those tractors didn’t have grease fitting on the blades. I believe they had some kind of Teflon bushing in them. I could be wrong it’s been 20 years since I last seen one

  2. #2Nige2025-11-21 02:30

    Post a machine Serial Number to help track down the Operation and Maintenance Manual for it. That will give all the information on greasing as well as everything else. From memory I think they are about $30 for a new copy.

  3. #3bmckenzie2025-11-21 09:51

    We have both the shop and operators manuals, Didn't find any reference to greasing the blade pivots and if they are Teflon / no grease I guess I now understand why ! This site is an awesome wealth of info and thanks to all who contribute.