Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Great customer service

Welder Dave ยท 2022-08-09 15:11

I went in to Princess Auto to get a hammer type battery and welding cable crimper. There were about $26 and I asked if they ever went on sale. A sales guy said said were on sale in May for $14.99 but he could only go back 30 days. He said I could go to the service desk and see if a manager might be able to give me a better price. The girl I talked to there wasn't a manager but said she could sell it to me for the sale price, $14.99! She asked my phone number so I think if they see you've bought stuff in the past they're willing to give you better deals sometimes. I was very pleased she gave me a deal. I have one crimp to do on a battery cable but could have used a crimper a few times in the past. Now I have the crimper if I need it in the future. Not very easy to get deals nowadays.

Replies3
  1. #1ianjoub2022-08-09 17:17

    Good to hear of good service once in a while. I have one of those tools. How did we ever live without them. It gets used once a year or so but sure is nice when needed.

  2. #2suladas2022-08-09 18:28

    Princess Auto is awesome, i've never had a bad customer service experience with them. Long time ago had a generator from there die while still under warranty, they lost it so they gave me a brand new one that was way higher end like electric start, etc for nothing. When I was moving yards last fall and cleaning out my sea can I found a bunch of stuff still in packages I didn't need, I asked before I bought it in that some might be pretty old, they said only 2 years on record, if older then that no problem they will just give lowest sale price in last 2 years and only gift cards no money return, as long as they still carry the product.

  3. #3Welder Dave2022-08-09 22:38

    Princess Auto has a no questions asked replacement on hand tools. Never had a problem returning or exchanging a tool I bought there.