I've been in the heavy equipment industry my whole life. Dad was a heavy equipment mechanic by trade and taught his trade to me. I apprenticed in an underground mine in Death Valley, California (Billie Mine) and then spent the next 20+ years working for three different Cat dealers. I've spent the past 8+ years working for Komatsu and thoroughly enjoy the iron. My passion is failure analysis since every failure is a consequence and there's no such thing as a suicidal part. Looking forward to some conversation and idea exchange here!
Welcome and looking forward to future discussions.
So you are working for Kirby-Smith? I used to do a good amount of business with them way back in the early 90's, at the OKC location. Jeff
Welcome fellow okie. Not too many of us on here, or at least not many that post. You'll enjoy the site. TONS of experience and some truly gifted mechanics and fabricators. Then there's guys like me that snuck out of the looney bin! Junkyard
So the million dollar question what do you like better and why cat or kommie