Greetings.. My name is Whitey and I'm currently enrolled at UTI Universal Technical Institute in their Diesel Program. My goal is to complete the program and work as a heavy equipment mechanic and/or operator. My ultimate goal is to work on locomotives. I appreciate the form here and the plethora of information and members experience. Thank you
Welcome aboard
Welcome Whitey. I like your avitar. Do you have a classic Cat?
I do not have a classic Catapillar I cheated I got it from the web. Thank you for the reply today I filled out an application online for the international union of operating engineers local 12 in Los Angeles I plied for heavy duty equipment repair apprenticeship. As mentioned I'm currently attending universal technical Institute in Long Beach for diesel mechanic program. I'm curious to know where I could find information on what kind of test questions there will be on the entrance exam for the union so that I can better prepare myself if possible . Thank you Michael
I wanted to add to what my career path goals are: first to finish school but also locate a job in the industry related to diesel mechanic while I'm attending UTI. then when I graduate I hope to already be working in the field and emphasis on large trucks rigs, etc. or other heavy equipment. ultimately I would like to work on locomotives in the future. Thanks Michael