I am on O/O dump truck driver from Alaska (Wheel Dog Trucking).......everyone calls me Wheeldog. I have a '98 Pete 378 that I bought new and is still doing a fine job. I mostly work for various gravel pits doing deliveries. Sometimes I help out a few small contractors. Construction up here is seasonal.....so we just work May through October. Looks like a busy summer for us.....hope it is for everyone else too.
Welcome to the site. I imagine work is pretty scarce in the winter. Do you do anything to supplement? Look forward to another "view".
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't done anything to supplement.....but should. Some of the contractors/truckers work in snow removal in the winter.....I never have. I was thinking of catching a driving job someplace warm like AZ for part of the winter.
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums How did you find us? I was a driver in construction for 2 years many moons ago, and then hauled freight for 20 years. Now I own a small landscape company with a 550 dump and Cat skid steer. We're seasonal too, but our season lasts a bit longer, generally late March to mid December, then things switch to snow removal. We're booked beyond capacity now, we're so busy it's hectic. Everyone tells me that's a good thing, but I often wonder whether I'm coming or going ......:dizzy
Thanks for the welcome. I found you surfing. One of my regular motorcycle forums had a link to an oil forum. The oil forum had a link here. http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000052 I always figure it's good to be busy as long as your making money and not burning yourself out.
Connections are so important. Just goes to show how a link or a search engine can connect you to people. As for me, I am right across the line in CT from Pelican. A little smaller, but we do the same type of stuff. I run a mowing crew that cuts 3-4 days a week. We do a lot of new ladnscaping and lawn installs as well as pavers flatstones, retaining walls and drainage work.
Welcome aboard, O/O in Juneau, for going on 23 years now. 89 L9000, 10/12 yarder. couple 975 bobcats, TB 070 Takuchi excavator, Austin Western gradder, Bomag 100 ADL double drum compactor, Power Ram trenchless pipe pusher, 4ea. 1 ton ford plows w/3 sanders, Cat IT28, Royer topsoil screen. Pelican, Mobil, & Elgin Aircub street sweepers. Trying to get out of the digging and work more topside so I sweep and strip parking lots in the summer and plow, sand, remove snow in the winter. Dwan
I should suppose to be creating a new thread in this category but I can't see the button so I have to enter in this thread to make my introductory post! Its nice to be here, I am a newbie as well...
Welcome Andrew. What type of or do you do down there?
Welcome to the Forums andrew852!:drinkup New members have to make 3 posts first before they can make their own thread, it's to keep the spammers out. If you need anymore information, check out the link in my signature line.