Hi all, newbie here from South Africa. I'm a diesel mechanic working on Volvo Construction Equipment. Nice site with some interesting thigs on it!! Mitch
Welcome to the site. Do you have any pictures of the asphalt paving going on down there?
How do I start a thread/
Welcome to the forum. I was VP of Product Support for Bell Equipment North America and as such got to make two trips to South Africa, Richards Bay area for factory training, and went to Sombra for a logging equipment show, beautiful country. I was very impressed with the training and certification process for mechanics in your country, we would do well to copy your system here in North America. I also worked in product support for VME and was involved in the introduction of the Volvo product into the USA, 5350 ADT was the beginning and went on from there.
oldseabee, I have a Bell Forwarder with some issues, would you know anything about this machine or know anyone that does? The machine has a bad hydraulic squeal and no parking brake. The squeal seems to be coming from an aluminum block under the cab that has a lot of hydraulic lines coming out of it. I have a parts book but Bell manuals leave a little to be desired.