Trying to find a 24V starter for what appears to be a Komatsu loader built for the Japan/China market, but ended up in Pennsylvania. I am lost as to where to find a starter.
Pull the starter off, and match it by the starter numbers, If your local NAPA is worth anything, they can do it. What I think is your best bet, though, is a local auto electric rebuilder. A good one is usually cheaper than buying rebuilt, and can match something up for you if they can't. There is absolutely no doubt that there is something that will fit, if your starter is actually weird. Or, send me the money the Kommie dealer would get, an I'll hop in the service truck and ride up there and handle it for you, I got friends up there that came down with Mennonite Disaster Service during the floods that I'd love to go see. Mitch
There is more to the story. First, I may get this machine in a trade for stuff (no cash involved) BUT, the owner took the starter to a local auto electric shop for a rebuild. When he went to pick it up it had vanished. Shop owner professed no knowledge of the starter. So, there is no old starter to use as a comparison. Next. The loader clearly says Komatsu, but it is not. It was built by ChangZhou Works in China. The motor appears to be a knock off of a Mack, but????? The model# is ZLM-50B. There is no such model in the Komatsu line that I can find. I am just following leads at this point trying to find something. I figure if there is one in Pa. there might be a few others elsewhere in the country. The Mennonites are really good people. Glad you had a chance to meet a few.