so i have a grey market 311 cat excavator serial number 5pk. i used the machine for a few hours digging and it turned just fine then it stopped turning left and right now it moves forward and reverse just fine but it does not want to turn. it slightly turns left. i replaced the valve group box that is underneath the steering controls but still no luck
Good day Your issue could have mutiuple cause's to trouble shoot I have attched a PDF file. Kind regards Uffex
In case you are not aware you can use the non-grey market 9LJ-prefix machine for ordering spare parts or for a service manual. If your 5PK Serial Number is under 1000 use a 9LJ machine with S/N 261 or below. If it is above 1000 use a 9LJ machine of S/N 262 or above.
I also have a grey market 311 5pk that crosses with the 9lj pre fix. How do I go about pulling the codes on my machine?
I may be wrong but I was not aware that model was sufficiently electronically advanced to have access to Diagnostic Codes.
Are you by any chance talking about the engine/pump controller behind the operator's seat.?
Well I’m really not sure. I’m guess I’m just wonder if there are any sort of diagnostics on this machine?
Not in the sense you are thinking. Here are the Procedures that exist for testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting the Engine/Pump control side, which is as "electronic" as the 311 gets..........