Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grey Market Excavator relabiling

hiluxman ยท 2012-09-05 22:45

I have noticed on some websites Grey Market excavator labeld and painted to look newer loike a Ex220-2 hitachi repainted to look like a Zx200-3 and a Cat e70 Panited to look like a 307D has anyone noticed this

Replies4
  1. #1lonkinggroup2012-09-05 22:53

    I guess it is a marketing strategy, they try to make them good and sell them at better price.

  2. #2Hendrik2012-09-06 03:41

    Kinda like taking the design of an established manufacturer like for instance Caterpillar and then copying that design to make people think they are buying a machine that is built like a Cat.

  3. #3Pixie2012-09-06 19:51

    I own a 1996 CAT 307. Originally labeled REGA. Not too hard to remove the 'rega' decal. I have both the Japanese parts book and the English one. Haven't found any differences, yet. I don't think it's always to be misleading. Going to be difficult to pass any CAT E70 that I've seen as a 307D. Different cab.

  4. #4JGS Parts2012-10-11 00:49

    well do you mean like Deer relabelling a Hitachi or something different?