Years ago my boyfriend purchased a grey market 1992, SK40SR Kobelco mini excavator (Beetle) for his landscaping business that we now can not get parts for in the USA. The excavator serial number is PH00-444. The idler assembly parts such as the shaft, bearings, seals, snap ring and pins all need to be replaced. Can anyone please tell me where I can get these parts, or if in the long run it would be cheaper to buy the idler assembly assuming it has all the parts needed in it. Also if the parts would have to come from overseas the weight would also be a factor to consider with the high cost of shipping. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Send an email to MR. KOBELCO, he might have some ideas for you.
Hi Gloria. Another way to approach the problem is to remove the idler,bottom roller,throw it in the back of the pickup & take it to your local track supplyer.Tell them to match it up best they can with what they stock.I would think as similiar as mini -excavators are that under carrige parts from say a IHI,Deere,etc, might match up pretty close for the track gauge.You may have to redrill the track frame,some fabricating but if you like the mini-ex and are planning on keeping it awhile it may be a cost effective solution . Good luck.
did you tell them it was a grey market machine? some dealers just walk away when they hear it. If you go to another one and say i need such and such for a 1992 sk40sr see what they say. The parts for a grey and local machine should be the same just with different part numbers.
More often then not, they are different. td25c has the right idea though.
I agree , also there is a guy on here called quicktrax, he should be able to help!
Don't know what the story is in the US but you can get any part for any excavator but it is a matter of cost. My local Kobelco dealer can get parts from Japan for Japanese machines but they are pricey.
Kobelco SK40SR Idler Assembly or parts needed I still need the idler assembly parts or the idler assembly for the grey market SK40SR Kobelco mini excavator (Beetle 40SR) serial #PH00-444. I did get some replies from different ones but I didn’t have any luck. The idler assembly for a SK40SR that isn’t a grey market wasn’t the same thing. I have researched the internet for over 2 weeks and haven’t came up with anything. I found out that when you have to buy parts internationally that the shipping is real expensive. If anyone has a grey market mini Kobelco excavator could you please tell me where the parts can be found, either used or new. I am now trying to find a dismantled excavator for parts in the US so the shipping isn’t so expensive. You would think that there is someone in the US that has salvaged Kobelco mini excavators. I appreciate all the help everyone has given me so far and could use more information on this problem on finding the parts I need. Thank you so much, Gloria
Kobelco sent a letter to all their dealers a few years back stating they would not support a grey market machine. If you come in to our dealership here in central Indiana and your serial number is for a grey market unit we are unable to help you. Sad but true